It was a typical Sunday afternoon for me…laundry, reading, cleaning—- when the craving hit.
Chocolate & peanut butter—I needed it now.
I decided to try my hand at some no-bake oatmeal bites…seemed like a pretty foolproof recipe and let me tell you it was! You really can’t mess this up.
I estimated my measurements but feel free to adjust for your taste!
These were the ingredients I used but you could definitely omit or add your favorite stuff! These would be great with chocolate chips, dried cranberries, etc.
*You may have to add more peanut butter or syrup as you start to mix. You want the mixture to clump together so be mindful of that
No Bake Oatmeal Protein Bites
Makes 15-20 servings depending on the size you roll them into
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of almonds (mine were raw and unsalted)
- 1/3 cup of cashews (mine were roasted and unsalted)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter, softened (I microwaved mine for a few seconds so it was a little thinner)
- 3 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate coconut chips ( if you don’t have these you could always substitute chocolate chips, plain coconut flakes)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- optional: 2 scoops of protein powder (I use Garden of Life Plant Based Protein Powder link here)
- Finely chop the cashews and almonds, I put mine in the food processor and they came out great. You want them to be tiny pieces!
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. I added the dry ingredients first.
- Stir to combine. The mixture will have large clumps. See note above about adding additional peanut butter or syrup
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1-2 inch balls
- Place in fridge to set
I would recommend storing these in the fridge. They should keep well for 4-5 days.
Please let me know if you try this recipe! Drop me a note in the comments or tag me on Instagram @thatplantbasedgrl