I live for bread…in all it’s forms.
English muffins? Need them.
Bagels? Gotta have
I cannot imagine a life without bread. One of my favorite things to make is banana bread. I could eat a whole pan by myself. This week when I thought about making some, I decided I wanted to make it in muffin form so I could have breakfast to go for a few days.
This recipe was adapted and inspired by Kitchen Treaty. Original recipe is linked here .
Banana Muffins: Dairy Free and Vegan
Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of oil (I would recommend vegetable or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax mixed with 6 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, mash up bananas then mix in oil, sugar, vanilla, flax seed mixture, and chia seed mixture
- Make a well in flour mixture and pour wet ingredients in
- Combine all the ingredients and add in almond milk as needed (your batter will be thick)
- Divide batter into muffin tins
- Bake for 18-22 minutes
These would be great with nuts or blueberries added in as well 🙂 They will be best for 2-3 days if kept in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
Please drop me a note or tag me on instagram @thatplantbasedgrl if you do make them!