While I love discovering and trying new recipes lately I have been feeling pretty lazy when it comes to grocery shopping and cooking.
I have been pretty stressed at work and I just don’t have the energy to find recipes and make a big grocery list every week. I’m pretty confident in my cooking skills and I know that I usually can walk into a grocery store and start a menu in my head. I then just select my ingredients as I go.
This recipe was one I made on the fly and it ended up turning out so well, I wanted to share it with you! It’s very simple and comes together in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- Sliced bell peppers (I used frozen peppers from Trader Joe’s)
- Vegan”Ground Beef” Crumbles (I used Beyond Meat brand)
- 1 tablespoon of oil for cooking ( I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
- a sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1.5 tablespoon of cilantro chopped
- Saute your sweet potato over low-medium heat in a pan with the tablespoon of coconut oil until soft (roughly 15 minutes) stir frequently
- Add in bell peppers saute until slightly browned (5 minutes), stir frequently
- Add in black beans and spices, stir for 2 minutes
- Add in “ground beef” crumbles”, stir and let cook for 3-5 minutes
- Serve with tortilla chips, avocado salsa, and other desired toppings
*Makes about 4 servings
Below are the specific items I used. I got the beyond meat crumbles from Meijer and the other two items are from Trader Joe’s 🙂
We enjoyed our bowls with some red hot and jarred salsa on top 🙂
You could easily modify this recipe for non-vegan friends too.
Let me know what you think or if you have any recipe recommendations for me in the comments below 🙂